Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Freedom Poem

Hello dear readers! :D

 So I have another poem today. For this term I had to write a discussion essay of the use of freedom and rights in a poem, and then write a poem in the style of the one I wrote about.
 I did that last time with the song I wrote about. :)



 I wrote an essay about "Three Strikes to Freedom" today, and I also wrote a poem in the same 'style' - in this case, I kept with the same topic.

 Here's the one by Mary Zanders:

Freedom is like a baseball game,
You have to be set and have an aim,
When that's done, now you're ready
To bat the ball with an arm that's steady.

Strike one, selfish is the ball,
Missing this one is like missing them all,
But you can strike it if you try,
Kindness won't let anything pass you by.

Strike two, the ball is hate,
If this ball could be struck before it's too late,
The world would be better than just,
Having everybody together because they must.

Strike three, equality is last,
Miss this one and you're back in the past;
Remember you can't sit still and wait
For everything to stop and suddenly be straight.


And here's my poem, using "Freedom" as my topic to keep the style.


 What is Freedom?
 Is it the bird flying,
Through the great blue sky?
Or is it the great waves of the Ocean,
Crashing onto the hard, rocky shore?

Perhaps it is a child,
Running through a green feild.
May be it a  deer,
Sprinting through a forest,
Of evergreen trees.

Is Freedom a thing?
Is Freedom a choice?

We may never know,
Yet, it is certain that,
This question, will go on.

What is Freedom?

Well, that's today's post! Tomorrow I might post up my essay on "Three Strikes to Freedom". :)

Catch you later!
 Spinj

No comments:

Post a Comment