Sunday, September 4, 2016

Book Work

I've decided to get back on with my book writing, after being reminded that NaNoWriMo starts in a little while!

 Well I'm working on two books, one for NaNoWriMo and another to hopefully publish!

 My NaNoWriMo book is actually based off an idea I've had in my head for a while (two years actually). I started writing last year for my NaNo project, but had problems with it and stopped. I've been working on the plot, characters and the world these last few days, so hopefully I'll have everything I'm going to need by the beginning of November.

Vague idea for a cover, from 2015.

 The other book I'll be working on is a Ruby prequel, which will be going over some of her past and why she ended up moving next door to Lachlan. I'm a little unsure about this because I'm worried about not doing the story justice, however I guess if I don't like the first draft I can just rewrite it!
 The hope is to get the prequel published by the end of the year, maybe just before December at earliest. I guess that I'll just have to see what happens. I've got the story line, the chapter outlines and the characters all sorted, so all that's left to do is start writing.

Current book cover for the Ruby prequel.
Hopefully I'll have the first draft done by November, which will leave me to do my NaNoWriMo project.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I keep forgetting that Nano is coming up! I better start getting ready xD

    ReplyDelete