Friday, August 26, 2016

Poetry

Well I'm back for good. I've decided that leaving this blog unattended probably isn't a good idea. I mean, I love to write and share my writing, so why do I abandon a blog that I made especially for doing that?

 Well I recently took a small break from my poetry writing as I feel kind of like I've been bled dry inspiration wise. However a little writing competition popped up on my Google Plus dashboard and I decided to join in. I wrote a short poem for it. 



The sun is setting, low in the sky
My time is come, I'll say goodbye
I'll go to the road and you can watch me leave
Try not to speak as you grieve


The sun is setting, the shadows are long
I've left the town, my friends are gone


The sun has set, it's now dark night
I'm surrounded on all sides, there's no light
It's lonely like this, I'm sad my friend
I didn't think this is how it'd end

 It is, like the majority of my poems, untitled. I would love to give it a title however I'm not sure I could find one that would do it justice. I suppose it'll be something for me to think about. :)

 I'll probably post something over the weekend, not sure though. 

 I'm so glad to be back here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment