Sunday, August 28, 2016

Ruby

 It's fun being back here, I'm enjoying posting on this blog.

 Since I've gotten into doing writing I've wanted to publish a book. Pretty much I thought "I can write, and if they can publish a book so can I!" and then that was that. I tried writing books to publish them.

 Well I quickly realised how hard it is to write a decent book that is publish worthy. I spent many hours working away with different worlds, and constantly discarding them to work on an easier or better idea. If you were to look through my many folders you would see many unfinished stories, waiting for me to come back to finish them off when I feel I can do them justice.

 Earlier this year I got some inspiration for a short, four chapter story. I set my mind to planning it and writing it and I'm very proud to say that I eventually had it written and published by the end of June.

 It's called "Ruby" and is about Lachlan McLean, who's life takes a turn for the better when Ruby Carter moves in next door.
 To make it clear it's not a romance novel, it's drama. It could fit under the young adult category too I suppose, but I wrote it to be appropriate for anyone aged 13 and older.


 You can purchase it off leanpub, and you can pay as little as $2.24 USD for a copy. 10% of the cash from each copy sold is donated to NaNoWriMo to help them run the event.

 I'm so excited to share this with you guys, it's been a huge achievement for me to get this done.

No comments:

Post a Comment