Sunday, March 2, 2014

'From up on Poppy Hill' a Miyazaki Anamation

Hello everyone!

 Well, I'm back again! I got up late today (Public holiday) but I still have school work, so I'm still doing maths and what not! :D

 Well, yesterday, after I posted up the LEGO poems, me, my three brothers and my parents watched a Miyazaki production while having dinner. The film was called "From up on Poppy Hill", and is about some school kids who are trying to save their club house from being demolished. There are some pretty funny bits in it, and some very sad bits, but it's really good. (I'm also planning to dress up as one of the main characters (called Umi) for a Cosplay event/compertition).
 This poem is about Umi, and her flags.


   From Up on Poppy Hill

 "I am raising the flags for Father."
 The Siblings nod and go to school.
 From up on Poppy Hill.

 She ties the flags to the string.
 Starts to pull them up.
 She is raising the flags for her Father.

 She watches them sway in the wind.
 The boats in the harbor see her call.
 From up on Poppy Hill.

 She walks down the path to school.
 Behind her the flags wave and fail.
 She has raised the flags for her Father.

 The boy on the barge saw the flags.
 He knows the girl who rose them.
 From up on Poppy Hill.

 She comes back from school.
 Sees the boy waiting for her.
 "I am raising the flags for Father."
 From up on Poppy Hill.



So that is about Umi, and how she raises the flags each morning for her Father, who was lost at sea.
According to one of my friends, Miyazaki is now doing his last animation. I wish Miyazaki luck with his last animation, and hope it is as good as the others. :)

In case you are wondering, this poem is a villanelle. It goes A1bA2 abA1 abA2 abA1 abA2 abA1A2. They usually rhythm, but I couldn't get any of the words to rhythm in this - I think the poem and my mind were rebelling against each other.

Well, I may be back later in the week with more poems if my Character Studies don't threaten to take over all my time! Hopefully I'll be seeing you all again next week too.

WillowUnicorn (AKA Lucy_Fu)

No comments:

Post a Comment