Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Some poems dating right back to 2011...

Hello dear Readers!

Well, I was looking in the book I would write every single poem I made up in, when I found some really good ones I've never put up. I was like "What? I haven't put these up yet? But they're so good! And one has the funny name!" So I'm putting those wonderful poems up now - Here we Go!

          Chicken of the Deep

   His long graceful neck
   A wonderful curve,
   As he swims along,
   Feathers as white as snow.

   He swims past again
   And Again,
   White - glittering in the sun.

   When I go to the sea,
   The wild waves chrash
   It's foam as white as snow.
   It reminds me of the
      Swan

Dating 30/08/11



             Memories of an Old Stallion (re-edition)

      He was born on that wild, stormy, spring day.
      He was no normal horse.
      His Dam, as said the rumors, had woven a spell, had called him Mystical.
   
      His Silver-white slid through the bush,
      Finding all his old haunts.

      He stands with his mares in the clearing,
      Telling the foals his memories,
      Such as the Stallion who defeated his Sire,
      And sought to defeat him ...

      He heard a sound,
      Like a crack of twigs under a hoof,
      A trumpeting call of a Stallion calling to fight.
      And quick as lightning,
      His Mares and their foals hid in the scrub,
      While Mystical went to face the foe.

      He stepped through the bush,
      Met the old grey Stallion with a roar of rage,
      They came closer and closer,
      Each roaring and screaming their defence,
      And after some hours of battle,
      Mystical threw his foe to the ground.

      Then, Triumphant,
      He made his way back to his mares,
      And they walked off through the bush.

Dating 05/04/12



              Game Time
   
      Games! Games! Games!
      Oh what a lot of fun!
      Card game, board games, computer games!
      Oh what a lot of fun!
      Sleeping Queens, Scrabble, Minecraft!
      Oh what a lot of fun!
      More games, More Games!
      Oh what a lot of fun!
      Snap and Nabit, Ultima 6!
      Oh what a lot of fun!
      Now we're all hungry,
      Lets go grab a bun!


Dating 04/03/13
  


Well, those are the really good ones that I haven't put up. The Second one, Memories of and Old Stallion, is based off a book I used to read - the Silver Brumby - and I entered it into a poetry competition, but I didn't win.

I've just remembered I had poem that I was supposed to put up at the beginning of the year when I turned 14! But I can't find the poem, and all I can remember is this :

         I'm fourteen, independent and
            Proud of it!

And funnily enough that was the last line of the poem.
  Well, I still have school work - I woke up late due to the fact that I was up till 00:00 reading a book under the bedsheets with a torch - and I also have Music later today, then tomorrow my brother is coming back from Adelaide, and we need to pick him up insanely early! So yes, busy busy busy!

Well, I must be off.

WillowUnicorn (AKA Lucy_Fu)




No comments:

Post a Comment